Leading up the club’s 1st Live 3v3 tournament on July 25th at James Park, Team Evanston is offering 3v3 training for U7-U19 players and 3v3 teams interested in learning the tactics and techniques used in 3v3 play. Each day will work on improving attacking and defending techniques by concentrating on specific technical skills and by using small-sided games. Training will include attacking 1v1 skills, defending 1v1 techniques, tactical decision making in transition, combination play, and goal scoring.
All events take place at James Park.
- July 20 9:00-11:00am Get to Goal: Attacking 1v1 techniques
- July 21 9:00-11:00am Creating quick 2v1s in attack
- July 22 9:00-11:00am Defensive tactics: Cover, Deny, and delay
- July 23 9:00-11:00am Pre-tournament 3v3 competition
- July 24 Rainout
Price: $225 per player
Camp training themes include:
- Overloading the attack to create 2v1 numerical advantages
- Quick combination passing to enter scoring zones
- Deceiving and evading a defender to finish
- Balancing the attack to stop counter attacks
- Delay and denying space for teammates to defensively recover
- Setting up ‘pressure pockets’ for ball recovery and launching counter attacks
- Positive competitive mentality to increase team unity and decrease negative reactions