Top Striker Camp
Our Top Striker camp is open to players from all positions who have an interest in goal scoring. Players in the camp will train different goal scoring techniques from a variety of common game situations including creating their own space, combining with players to score, and scoring from passes crossed into the penalty area.
ADVANCED AND JUNIOR LEVELS NOW AVAILABLE!
- The Advanced level is for players who have already demonstrated a goal scoring finesse and are working on furthering their techniques with nuanced striker training, fitness, and defensive pressure. This course address tactical situations, scoring out of the air, and striker movement. If you have already taken Top Striker, you should register for the Advanced Course.
- The Junior level is for players who are interested in learning the fundamental techniques and movements of striker play. This includes ball striking techniques, scoring from rebounds, and creating shots on the dribble.
Training themes include:
- Ball Striking from distance
- Emphasis on scoring from rebounds
- Organizing the striker’s movements in the box
- Combination link-up patters to unbalance opposing defensive lines
- Creating a shot from the dribble
- Scoring from cut-back passes and crosses
- Solving for the off-side line
- Cultivating a goal-scoring mentality
- July 26th (4:30-6:00pm) | Create your shot: changing speed and direction
- July 27th (4:30-6:00pm) | Make your mark: Ball striking and rebounds
- July 28th (4:30-6:00pm) | Crossing and finishing
- July 29th (4:30-6:00pm) | Box organization and beating the offside line
- July 30th (4:30-6:00pm) | Rainout
LOCATION: Robert Crown Turf Fields │ 1801 Main Street │ Evanston, IL 60202