WHEN: NOVEMBER 16-19 / M-TH
5:00 - 7:00 pm
WHERE: ROBERT CROWN TURF FIELDS │1801 Main St. │ Evanston, IL 60202
WHO: All players U7-U19 are welcome!
COST: $275 per player for training
Thankful Classic 3v3
November 21 from 1:00-3:00 pm
Robert Crown Turf Fields in Evanston
Create your own teams (up to 6 players)
Registration opening soon!
OUTLINE AND EXPECTATIONS
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE 3v3 TRAINING CAMP?
Specific technical instruction on the skills and decision-making ability required for the 3v3 competition.
Players will be coached by a member of the Evanston Soccer Association (Team Evanston and CFJ North Shore) professional coaching staff in sessions designed with the methodologies of the Chicago Fire Academy Curriculum.
Encouragement and instruction tailored for each participating player.
Training games, activities, and repetition designed for players to develop their ability to command the ball and command the space around the ball.
Lots of touches on the ball! High work to rest ratios so the players play lots of soccer!
HOW DOES THE CAMP DELIVER ITS TECHNICAL INSTRUCTION?
- Specific technical instruction during the conditioned small-sided games
- Builds each day’s training session from simple to complex
- Gradually introduces pressure and tighter spaces to allow players to move through the instruction with confidence
DAILY TRAINING SESSION THEMES
DAY 1 Getting to Goal: Coaches will challenge players to directly attack the goal with courage and determination through various 1v1 activities. Attacking 1v1 techniques will be taught whole-part-whole, defensive pressure gradually increased, and built simple to advanced.
DAY 2 Overloading attacking spaces: The activities in the session are designed to create quick 2v1s in central and wide spaces to teach players how to transition into attack and create goal scoring opportunities.
DAY 3 Defensive tactics: Players will work on the detailed technique of defending 1v1, on the communication required for defending in pairs, and the awareness alert players need when off the ball. Identifying when and how to cover, deny, and delay will all be important skills sets and decisions discussed.
DAY 4 Pre-tournament 3v3 competition: Players will play 3v3 and coaches will use the game scenarios to teach when and where to apply skill and how and why to make certain decisions.
DAY 5 Rainout Day: Used only once if a previous camp day is rained out
Players participating in our small-sided games program will experience the following:
- 5:00 – 5:10 Player briefing on daily training how to use the core
- 5:10 – 5:20 Player warm-up and muscle activation with the ball
- 5:20 – 5:40 Technical repetition using whole-part-whole teaching
- 5:45 – 6:00 Conditioned small-sided game #1 targeting specific
- 6:05 – 6:25 Conditioned small-sided game #2 (progression of game #1)
- 6:30 – 6:50 Small-sided scrimmage
- 6:50 – 7:00 Cool down
*Exact timings may change based on the groups needs and abilities.