Every summer, players look for opportunities to train and compete in games. This summer, we are offering the Summer Soccer Friendlies Series, one weekly training and one friendly game per week for players interested in regular training and game minutes during the summer months.
These new Summer Friendlies will allow players to play against other local clubs during the summer. Players will be place on new teams based on gender, age, and skill level.
- Allows players to play against other clubs during the summer
- Teams are formed based on age and skill levels
- Allows players to continue regular training and games minutes during the summer
Free Play Fridays
Team Evanston sets up opportunities for players to play on Fridays under the guidance of a coach but without the coaching. This free play allows players a safe environment where they can enjoy the game with friends without any expectations for performance. This means players determine which skills to try or which passes to make. A Team Evanston staff coach oversees the environment to make sure it is safe and that equipment, including field time, is used equitably.
- Free play in a safe environment
- Get additional touches on the ball
- Invite friends to play
- Try all your skills
TeamLeague Summer Program
Players interested in playing regular games over the summer without the travel commitment can register for our TeamLeague Summer program. Players are grouped by age and ability to play in a local league in order keep their soccer skills sharp and to stay fit over the summer.
- An opportunity to play locally over the summer
- Continue your development with Team Evanston’s positive coaching
Chicago Fire Emerging Talent Program
Each year, players age U11-U14 are nominated by coaches from throughout the national Fire Juniors network for a unique summer training camp. This camp brings together coaches from around the national Fire Juniors network to train, give feedback, and select players for a national tournament later in the soccer year.
- Greater exposure to more excellent Fire Juniors coaches
- Additional competitive training and game opportunities
- Thorough feedback in a performance focused environment